Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Sunday




Empora did the flowers at First Evangelical Free Church for Easter this past Sunday. When you entered the church, I did 2 large glass cylinders and put 1 bunch of forsythia in each. Having the bunch tilt to the side, almost gave it an arch effect for people to walk through as they entered the church. I then grouped some hot pink snapdragons and added bear grass for some flow and a monstera leaf to stop your eye. I really loved this look.

The main stage had 5 sets of 2 glass cylinders filled with forsythia, orange snap dragons, bells of ireland, easter lillies, heather and was accented with bear grass and monstera leaves. Being that the main church is so large, I figured doing the arrangement in groups like this would make the flowers look more substantial in such a large room. It was hot!!! I loved it.

They have a smaller church to the back that is alot more contemporary in look. Since they were having more of rock music here, I decided to do a take off Jeff Latham and do tall squares with big hand tied bouquets of hot pink snapdragons, orange roses, easter lillies, monstera leaves and bear grass. This church had alot of geometrical line so I wanted something very clean and modern.

No comments:

Post a Comment