Sunday, May 9, 2010

Weddin of Faye and Vien




I first want to tell the story behind the flowers. Upon the first meeting with Faye, she HAD to have green cymbiudium orchids in her bouquet. Sure!!!....I go to pick up her flowers and that was the one flower that did not make it on my cart. WHAT??? I dont watch TV and am not updated on news, shame on me....but that was when the Volcano erupted and no planes were flying to the US.
At this point, I figured I could just buy a plant. 4 stops and none to be found. Phone calls to other growers and still no luck. I just needed one stem. Faye wanted these orchids and had to find them.
One last phone call to a woman that stopped in when we first opened the studio. I remembered that she had mentioned that she grew all kinds of unique flowers/plants and I gave her a ring. Polly Pon had 2 stems in her yard. They were the most GORGEOUS cymbidium orchids I had ever seen.
Thank you Polly!
The location of the Ceremony and Reception was held at Ponte Winery in Temecula. This venue is beautiful! Awesome Photography was by Kaila Williams at www.kayraephotography.com. Thank you Kaila for the photos. Congratulations Faye and Vien!

No comments:

Post a Comment